Required : 3
- Master Degree in Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Construction (Management) Engineering with specialization in Hydropower.
- Knowledge of engineering software and management tools related to work.
- 15 years of experience related to Hydro power plant with a minimum capacity of 20 megawatt.
- Prior personnel management experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the Hydro technology and energy generation business.
- Support/ Assist the Technical Director in all technical/non-technical matters/ issues pertaining to all:
- Hydro-mechanical Works (HM equipment, systems, and components)
- Electromechanical Works (EM equipment, and components)
- Civil Works (Power House, Head-works, Head Race Tunnel, Surge Tank, Access Roads, etc.)
- The Construction Project Manager leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of the project
- Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the ProjectField Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget andschedule requirements. Directs and approves the development and implementation of subcontractor schedulerecovery plans as required. Coordinates the Construction Completion
- Coordinates with Field Material Manager to review all site procured materials for acceptance. Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly coordination meeting with contractors. Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings. Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
- Monitors all extra work authorization requests, back charges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/finalpayment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking informationto Project Controls to support the change management system.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs inaccordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the contractors. Responsible for completion of the construction..
- Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
- Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.Establishes the tool trailer list at the onset of the project.
- Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers.
- Has the ability to stand in for the Technical Director in his absence. Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
- Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and contractors. Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. ; Supervises work of others.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates (superintendents).
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skill with good command over Nepali & English language
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage work load and have the flexibility to change as conditions change without day to day oversight or management
- Proven experience in achieving continuous improvement through project management
- Strong initiative and drive for high achievement and continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret legal documents and agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel Power Point and Primavera.
- Smart, fast, Analytical and Independent
- Interpersonal Skills / Good Motivator / Strong Leadership skill
- Ability to perform even in extreme conditions