Required : 1
- Master’s Degree in Civil / Environmental / Hydropower engineering.
- Knowledge of engineering software related to work.
- 10 + years of experience working on hydraulic structures and hydropower projects with vast experience in executing international Hydro projects.
- Should have worked for min. 5-10 years for an Hydro.
- working with specifically designed computer modeling packages to assess the most effective methods of managing available water in a particular area;
- analyzing the effect of environmental changes on water flow;
- studying the effects on flows brought about by changes in land use, such as forestation or crop irrigation;
- planning responses to specific weather conditions, such as droughts and floods, and assessing the impacts of such events on water catchments and supplies;
- undertaking hydrological modeling to allow the development of flood forecasting and drought management strategy;
- assisting in the planning of water resource development by forecasting and monitoring water usage andrainfall;
- estimating water yields, taking into account the utilization of water in a specific natural drainage area(‘catchment’);
- assessing the relationship between rainfall, run off, and soil and rock features for the catchment;
- investigating factors affecting acidity, nitrate levels or other diffuse pollution of surface water;
- calculating and auditing water resource systems and analyzing this data;
- determining licenses for companies and bodies requesting to use river resources;
- implementing relevant regulations;
- dealing with enquiries from external bodies and individuals, such as water regulators, consultants andresearchers;
- providing project-management consultancy in installing new river flow gauges;
- liaising with specialists, consultants and clients;
- providing feedback on drought and water resource plans produced by water companies;
- overseeing data collection on-site by hydrometrics and other staff;
- supervising the collection, processing and evaluation of data for water resource planning and flood management.
- applying hydrological and statistical techniques to water resource modeling and analysis;
- developing computer systems to improve the efficiency of data collection and analysis;
- keeping up to date with new research and techniques in all areas of hydrology.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skill with good command over Nepali & English language
- Smart, fast, Analytical and Independent
- Interpersonal Skills / Good Motivator / Strong Leadership skill
- Ability to perform even in extreme conditions.