The practice of decentralization started few decades ago in Nepal with an aim to activate and foster the rural economy and enhance the national prosperity through development projects. Enough planning has been made and sufficient budget is allocated every year to achieve the targets. However, most of the projects are not completed in time and often with poor quality. This necessitates reviewing if the quality of education is poor or the incompetent manpower is recruited. On the other hand, every year around 7000 engineering students are graduated from different universities who could participate in hydro power development projects but many of them lack required skills and technical know how of the construction industry. Furthermore, the government looks very passive to take the benefit of Information Technology to fulfill its responsibility in various sectors although huge number of IT experts is inside the country.
In this regards, Integrated Learning Institute (ILI) is going to organize a Technical Talk Program on “Requisites of Quality Infrastructural Development in Nepal”. In the program, eminent person from various engineering fields are going to present their views.
The Chief Guest of the program will be The Chief Secretary of Government of Nepal, Mr. Leela Mani Paudyal. And the Special Guest of the program will be President of Nepal Engineers’ Association (NEA), Er. Dhruba Raj Thapa. The program will be chaired by President of Integrated Learning Institute (ILI), Dr. Laxmi Bhakta Shilpakar.
Speakers and their topics of presentation:
1) Decentralized management of rural infrastructural development in Nepal – Er. Bhim Upadhyaya
2) Qualitative performance of Engineers in Hydropower Development – Er. Sher Singh Bhat
3) Issues relevant to Technical Education in Engineering Services in Nepal – Prof. Er. Hirendra Man Pradhan
Distinguished Guests invited:
1) Principal , National College of Engineering , Er. Tak Bahadur Galami
2) Principal, Advanced College of Engineering and Management, Er. Santosh Kumar Shrestha
3) Vice President, Federation of Contractors Association of Nepal (FCAN), Mr. Tej Kumar Kurungwang
4) Director, ITECO, Er. Subash Acharya
5) Managing Director, Catch Internet, Mr. Sakin Shrestha
6) Deputy Director General, DWIDP, Er. Noor Mohammad Khan
7) President, SCAEF, Er. Hare Ram Shrestha
8) Executive Member, Nepal Hydropower Association, Er. Mohan Ratna Shakya
9) Registrar, Nepal Engineering Council, Er. Umesh Prasad Thani
10) Representative from Kantipur Engineering College
Also, there will be the presence of numerous engineering professionals including Department heads/representatives from different Engineering colleges, Consulting firms, IT companies, Construction companies and so on as guests of the event.
*Engineers, IT personnels, Engineering / IT scholars are the targeted participants.
*We have free entry pass which will be provided upon request by the targeted participants.
Please contact 01-5530600, 9851170501, 9851002506 for the confirmation.
*Refreshment Food and HI Tea available.
*The program will be start at sharp 2:00 PM, so participants are requested to register from 1:00 PM- 1:30 PM at the venue.
More information on the program can also be found in A Technical Talk Program