Required : 1
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to undertake all aspects of management of Civil Engineering matters to support the Maintenance and Capital Improvements for Hydro, focusing on a strategy to optimize safety, generation, availability, reliability.
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Hydropower/ Water Resources Engineering.
- Knowledge of engineering software related to work
- 10 years of experience related to Hydro power plant with capacity of 20 mega watt.
- Prior personnel management experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge of the Hydro technology and energy generation business.
- Support/Assist the Technical Director in all technical/non-technical matters/ issues pertaining all:
- Civil works (Power House, Head- works, Head-works, Head Race Tunnel, surge Tank,access Roads, etc.)
- Responsible for planning and designing hydropower structures and preparation of technical specification /requirements of various hydropower structures.
- The preparation of Scope of works/services, Design Base Memorandum, Specifications, Bill of Quantities, Cost Estimates, Tender documents, and Contract Documents for all Civil, Hydro-mechanical, and Electro-mechanical works.
- Evaluating bids received for construction activities and selection of contractors.
- Execution, supervision, monitoring, and control of all physical construction of hydropower structures.
- The preparation of relevant Proposals, Reports, Manuals, and Procedures for all Civil works.
- The undertaking of Due Diligence and Feasibility Study/Analysis, bedsides preparing relevant Reports Pertaining to the Employer’s existing projects or proposed new ventures/projects.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skill with good command over Nepali & English language
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage work load and have the flexibility to change as conditions changewithout day to day oversight or management
- Proven experience in achieving continuous improvement through project management
- Strong initiative and drive for high achievement and continuous improvement.
- Ability to interpret legal documents and agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and Power Point.
- Smart, fast, Analytical and Independent.
- Interpersonal Skills / Good Motivator / Strong Leadership skill.
- Ability to perform even in extreme conditions.